The consumer journey towards the adoption of renewable energy
Energy Saving Trust (EST)
Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
To inform Government policy on renewable energy by determining:
- How far the population is along the consumer journey towards adopting renewable technologies
- The barriers to adoption
- Drivers that nudge consumers towards adoption
- Qualitative consumer research – focus groups & depth interviews
- Followed by a quantitative online survey of 2,000 consumers
- Research conducted with consumers at different stages of the consumer journey
- Research was representative of the UK-wide population
- Only a miniorty of consumers actively engaged with technologies..
- The main barriers to adoption are a lack of awareness & knowledge of the technologies and prohibitive up-front costs.
- Considerable work is required to raise awareness, knowledge & interest in technologies – consumer communications are key.
- There is a need for independent & impartial consumer advice.
- Assistance is required with the up-front cost of technologies to kick-start markets – the Government’s Green Deal has a key role to play.
FREE 2 hour consultation!
Contact us today to arrange your free 2 hour consultation with a partner and discuss any aspect of your research activities and plans. Simply fill out our easy contact form…