Sector profiles for the Energy Efficiency Partnership for Buildings
Client: The Energy Efficiency Partnership for Buildings
- To profile key energy efficiency sectors such as insulation, glazing, heating, renewables, lighting
- To highlight energy efficiency initiatives, trends, challenges and opportunities for the energy efficiency industry
The projects included the following:
- Writing sector profiles (size of sector, trends and forecasts, key players, sector drivers, etc.) for energy efficiency measures (renewables, insulation, glazing, heating, lighting, etc) – these were based on a combination of secondary (desk) research and consultation with industry bodies and experts and the reports have been published on the EEPB website.
- Analysis of responses to Government Department Calls for Evidence relating to energy efficiency measures.
- Desk research to inform Government initiatives such as the Green Deal, Renewable Heat Incentive and others
- Analysis of quality assurance and complaints processes of key trade organisations.
- All the projects involved secondary (desk) research, often supplemented by expert interviews (government bodies, trade associations, manufacturers, etc) and workshops with those bodies and with EEPB working groups.
- Progress has been made regarding improvement of energy efficiency in UK homes
- However much still needs to be done to make the UK’s ageing housing stock more energy efficient
- Will require a combination of regulation, incentives, improved product performance and more effective consumer communications
- Assistance is required with the up-front cost of technologies to kick-start markets – the Government’s Green Deal has a key role to play.
FREE 2 hour consultation!
Contact us today to arrange your free 2 hour consultation with a partner and discuss any aspect of your research activities and plans. Simply fill out our easy contact form…